1929 bottle of champagne

Home Page Forums General 1929 bottle of champagne

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Richard, what a great gift to display with your Pierce.

Happy New Year everyone!

Hi all,

I was wondering if members would be annoyed the posting was not Pierce. I’m happy everyone has had fun with it :)

I’m sure the storage conditions of my bottle were not exemplary. I’m pretty sure this bottle would be less then wonderful if cracked open. However, the bottles life has come back to be the mascot of the DC Phaeton. If not drunk, what better life could a special bottle ask for ;))

RICK

The thread about the Champagne has been fun and I think we all like a bit of history.

I just found a 1925 bottle of Rum from Cuba in my liqueur cabinet that i forgot about….i wonder if it is still good….

here is a photo

From what I’ve heard, a high alcohol content liquor will keep for a long, long time, as long as it’s stored in a decent manner (and from condition of this bottle it appears to have been kept well). The main hazard is evaporation from a bad seal on the stopper or cap. That’s a great looking bottle, and aside from drinkability, bet there are liquor collectors out there who’d love to have the bottle for the graphics. There’s someone out there who collects everything, you know, I have a Pierce Arrow bagged vacuum cleaner, and there are a LOT of people who collect older vacuum cleaners I found out….

Edward,

Great bottle, you better start looking for a 1925 Pierce to add to your garage!

My only concern with trying to consume old liquor would be possible toxicity.One would not want to wake up with paralysis.

I woke up with paralysis on New Years day..i will not try to drink the rum, i just wanted to share the bottle with you guys….Ed.

Break that bad boy open! Lets go!!! I like Rum. That bottle is in amazing conditon.

I knew this hobby drives people to drink! Maybe the alcohol content

in the gas encourages the thirst?

Here is one for you Boys!

Lolol.

Of course! Leave to the Dr to have some high end tonic in his medicine cabinet. ;)

Awesome! I could make a mini booze rack for the pierce. Lolol

Rick

Peter,

Since “Dillamont” and “Dillman” are fairly close, I think you should send that bottle (preferably full) to me!

I bet I could convince a few people of an ancestral connection.

John

John,

I would be pleased to do so, but it is spoken for at this moment.

Also, you might be disappointed, as the FILL is a bit low, so it could be “vin-agre.”

Regardless, it is a lovely historic bottle and has some minor chance of being good.

Finally note that it is Villamont and NOT Dillamont, but good try!

Peter

Peter,

Just having a bit of fun!

At a quick glance, I did miss the “V” vs. “D” thing.

With the level being down, you are probably correct about the contents. In any case, it is a wonderful shelf piece. Maybe you should start looking for a nice 1929 Pierce to add to your garage!

John

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.