Wiring harness

Home Page Forums General Wiring harness

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

I hope this original mess of wires help those who wanted to see how it was put together in 29. :) Rick

G’day Rick

Your extra efforts are APPRECIATED!! Boy they sure went to a lot of trouble! It is HIGHLY informative to see the photos of the original stuff. Now I will have a little lie down & contemplate the magnitude of duplicating it! CONCLUSION

As Ed Minnie says “Drive your car like you stole it!!”” When I have a year with nowhere to go in our car I MIGHT apply myself to it!—Jak.”

That mess of stuff is the real McCoy!. If you are short some of the flex cable I may have a piece left over from mine. I did the rewire on mine myself. Used black Delrin blocks instead of bakelite for the connection blocks.. All the connection posts and wire can be duplicated, but as I told You before I upped the wire guage one step on all wires, and added a #10 ground wire through out the whole system to ground the lights . My lights are BRIGHT. I had a welding cable ground created to connect the battery to the frame and continue to the starter for the ground, and another large guage cable for the ‘hot’ wire to the starter.

Hi Rick,

I’m curious, why are you shipping out the conduit, connectors etc? and that precious round cover for the light switch on the end of the steering gear box??

Do you have someone who is going to clean and repair the conduit and boxes as well as install a wiring harness inside the conduit ??

I’ve only made my own wiring harnesses. Just a few spools of cloth covered wire and a pair of wire cutters. a soldering gun for the wire-end terminals.

Cleaning up that conduit is going to be time consuming !!

Take care,

Greg Long

Its being rebuilt from scratch. They are using the junction boxes etc…. They wanted the entire unit so it was rebuilt to exact specs in 1929

I redid all the wiring on my 1930 Model A. I used the original junction boxes and ferrules and bought new stainless conduit from either Rhode Island or Y&Z. The ferrules (which hold the conduit in the boxes) are soldered onto the conduit. I added a second main conduit down the other side of the frame to carry turn signal wires and wires for a second tail light. I got a right-handed tail light stanchion (at an exorbitant price). If I were doing it again I would buy a second left hand stanchion, cut it, rotate the head, and weld it back together. I also added in the second conduit wires to an electric fuel pump mounted just in front of the tank.

I realize this makes my wiring setup non-original, but it looks just like original. I got the extra junction boxes and ferrules from a parts chassis.

I’ll post some photos in a day or so.

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.