Reply To: High Speed Rear End Gears poll

Home Page Forums Chassis High Speed Rear End Gears poll Reply To: High Speed Rear End Gears poll

Yesterday, during a phone conversation, John Parks gave me the numbers from the pinion gear from a 3.65 gearset that he bought from Phil Bray 5+ years ago. I – rather than John – am posting these numbers because John does not have an internet connection. The numbers are X, set1, md, 5.703, p/l, .008, A61, 10/02. The gearset has been installed (I believe by Ron Blissit, who is no longer a PAS member), but John has not yet driven the car.

At this point, I can’t resist being a bit of a Devil’s advocate. As convenient and wonderful as the P-A Message Board is, I’m not sure that it is a very good vehicle with which to take a poll. Less than 20% of the membership has even logged on in the past 30 days, and only a little over one third in the past year! Add to this the fact that we loose about 10% of our membership every year (including Phil Bray himself!), and that this particular poll is concerned with matters that might have happened as long as 5 to 10 years ago, and one does have to wonder about accuracy. Of course, on the other hand, I do believe that it is a lot better than nothing!