Reply To: Carberator Adjustment for a 1930 Model A

Home Page Forums Engine Carberator Adjustment for a 1930 Model A Reply To: Carberator Adjustment for a 1930 Model A

Bill, Could you post the info you have? Or email it? The only info I have is in a huge book with hundreds of pages, and I must hunt around to find what I am looking for. If the carb was changed out often the main jets were also, but the rest of the parts are often not. Remember a UU2 and UUR2 carb fit on engines from 240 CID to 560 CID and most of the internals if they are incorrect will cause idle, acceleration, and mixture problems. We often see the smaller carbs installed on a Pierce with all the jets and air bleeds opened up in an effort to try and make them run right. They usually don’t. A word of caution to all … don’t run lean and burn a valve or piston! If you must set the carb up yourself use a 5 gas analyzer to check for correct combustion, or be sure to run the car on the rich side to prevent damage. Remember the stuff we pay 3.50 a gallon for is not gas as it was in the old days! Ed