1930 Series A Rear Hub Nut & Washer???

Home Page Forums Chassis 1930 Series A Rear Hub Nut & Washer???

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello,

My Dad who has passed away removed the drivers side rear wheel and hub many years ago.  I can not find the nut and washer (if there is a washer) and axel key that holds the hub on. See attached pic.  Rear SpindleDoes anyone know who I should contact that may have the parts I need?? Thanks to ALL the amazing members of this club. There are so many kind people. Sincerely, Andrew

Try John Cislak.  413/543-9017.

John,

Did you check out the other side to see how it is assembled?

Does it have the parts that you seem to be missing from the other side?

Rebuilding a Pierce Arrow is a daunting process and a supreme challenge at times.

I had to do that with my “quite complete and intact” 1925 Series 80, which has been in my Family since 1928.

No matter which mechanicals I started to explore, I usually found some piece, or part, that either needed adjustment or replacement.

My best advice is that you Hang Tough and Keep Working On It, and before you know it, you will have a Beautifully Functioning Pierce Arrow.

Peter

John,

BTW, John Cislak is THE source for most Pierce Arrow parts that you may need.

Additionally, you can check the PAS Vehicle Roster to find members who own the Same Year and Model as your car.   Then, contact them about your needed Spare Parts.

Many of we PAS people are Parts Hoarders!

I know that I AM!

Peter

John,

The 1929 model I have uses a washer against the hub, with a castellated nut and cotter pin. The nut on my car is 1 inch diameter and 12 threads per inch (TPI). This is not a current standard thread count (UNC has  8 TPI and UNF has 14 TPI) however, it is an available size and configuration. The key used is a standard 1/4 inch square key; a length of 2 inches is plenty. The torque to use on the axle nut is “plenty”.

Several years ago I had a batch of replacement axle shafts made. These have the 8 tooth spline and were used on the 29, 30 & 31 models. I still have some available for $700 each, including shaft, washer, nut and freight.

Let me know how I can help.  Herb Tull

Axle shaft taper with washer & nut

Hello All,

Thanks to the incredible members of this club we were able to source the needed parts.  I can’t thank all the members of this site enough. Such AMAZING people!!!!! Thanks you!! Andrew

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.