1931 Model 43 Club Sedan

Home Page Forums General 1931 Model 43 Club Sedan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Found this on eBay this morning for anyone who is interested. I do not know this particular vehicle; however, I have owned one like it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262132899097?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Speaking as one who does upholstery work as a hobby, I apologize to the world for whoever (whomever?) did that upholstery job….

Merlin needs another Model 43!!

The seats appear to have slip-covers on them. I think I can see hints of the rolls in the original upholstery under the blue slip-covers ??

What are other’s thoughts about leaving an engine’s cooling system open and ‘dry’ for years and years? My beliefs are that the system would be in better condition with less rust if it had bee left with a 50/50 mix of antifreeze, rather than ‘dry’. I think the inside of the head and cooling jacket will have lots of rust flaking off and needs to be cleaned out ??

Greg Long

I believe you’re correct, Greg, I looked at the one picture showing the front seats and thought someone had redone them in a smooth pattern, but in other pictures it just looks like smooth fabric laid over the seats. Could be a nice car, closed cars seem to have risen in value over the years.

As far as the open system, I think you’d get some surface rust, but don’t think it would go very far along. I’d be more worried about a mouse nest inside the engine!

Could this be the Johnson car from the Treasure Coast here in Florida? The colors look right. I see Ed is not a member now. If in fact it is that car, there were some engine issues I believe.

Tony,

About five years ago on eBay, two 1931 Pierce-Arrows were listed in the Syracuse area by a small dealer/repair facility. I went and looked at the cars. One was a rumble seat coupe (now owned by Shaun McNew, California) and this car. Neither car was running, nor had they been in several years at that time. I have to assume that they both spent a lot of years somewhere in the Syracuse area.

Shortly after this car was sold, very reasonably I would add, I believe that the new owner briefly became a PAS member. I do not believe that he now is a member by looking through the roster. At the time, the car was missing the majority of the parts for the trunk rack, water pump and the optional decorative chrome spears for the fenders and splash aprons. The car also had/has oversize tires on it if I recall. Having said all of this, it is a very solid car….. I regret not buying it, but I was more interested in the coupe at the time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.