Do You Know Where Your Pierce Has Been?!

Home Page Forums General Do You Know Where Your Pierce Has Been?!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Stumbled across this one in the course of some car research. Would be a long-shot for a member to possibly track down this car by its license plate, but why not try? (Clearly our Pierces weren’t always on trips to the boardroom or to the opera…)

https://www.alamy.com/police-bootleggers-image6558446.html

I learned that Mary B Hecht owned my 1927 Series 80 once. Research reveals she was an interesting person and was editor of The Arrow once.

Randy,

Mary Hecht also owned my ’34 convertible coupe a long time ago.  She was also president of the PAS at one time.

Bob

Great to learn that you can tie your vehicles to a previous owner(s), and it’s especially interesting to have one that was so active in the PAS family.

Have been on a more or less continuous newspaper research for more details on the Model B in my stable. Hard to imagine why such a nice sedan would’ve been a target for .45 hardballs and shotgun patterns, but am convinced that the driver knew what it was all about…and probably suffered the consequences, based on the headliner and seat upholstery. (Somebody had a helluva day.)

Much of my research indicates a particular love by the ’30s hoods for Hudson eights, and of course Buicks, but especially Ford V8s when they came available. A Pierce would’ve been either far too distinguished a marque, or a perfect luxury car that police might have overlooked because the owner could have made it equally difficult for them for not realizing the owner’s status.

The jury is still out on mine. Prohibition-related activities as has been told to me in family lore, or a kid’s joy-ride gone wrong?? Sure wish I could track its license records, but that’s not a possibility in MN. As for the PD that held the vehicle before the auction back in the ’50s, well those paper records were probably about as important as the Pierce files that workers heaved into dumpsters when the factory closed.

Regrettable it is that few take pains to recognize history until it’s too late…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.