Original Travelodge color

Home Page Forums Body Original Travelodge color

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I am preparing my Model A for painting and am wondering if anyone has attempted to match the original color, which appears to be gray, silver or gunmetal. If you have any information that would help me find the closest match I would appreciate hearing from you. Thank you.

http://[email protected]

My Model B appears to have original paint on it, and it’s more silver than anything, but not a shiny silver. A very light gray may work too, it’s a light color.

It goes without saying that it’s not a metallic paint, even though I just said it!

Sorry I can’t be of more help, I plan to go with a gray color, similar to the 1979 Citroen Deux Chevaux Charleston model, a two tone gray, using the lighter of the two grays…

They were available in any color, bare, and most common seems to be silver metallic paint called platinum. Dark blue was common. Painted to match your car is fine.

It was metallic? I stand corrected and yield to Ed’s font of knowledge!

I would not order a color mixed to original specs. I made that mistake once. Look at a fleet color book, and order a color that is “factory pack”” and can always be ordered off the shelf.”

John,

Here is a nice photo for you.

Peter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.