window channels

Home Page Forums Body window channels

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am trying to find new flexible door window channel to replace the ones on my 845 sedan. These are the fabric lined metal channels the windows slide in and have a round stainless steel bead visible at the edges. They follow the curves of the window opening. The originals are 15/32 tall and 19/32 wide. So far the closest I have found are 1/2 x 1/2 without the SS bead. The others I have found with SS bead are generally 9/16 tall which is what was used by Packard. These will stick into the window opening an extra .1″.

I have looked at Restoration Specialties, Macs, DK hardware, and number of others that look like they are all stocking the same parts.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Jim

drop the first http://

Thanks for looking! Yes, converting to real units makes it .63″ wide (slightly wider) and .59″ ~9/16 high, so probably the same as the slightly too tall cross-section used on Packard and some Fords.

It looks like my choice will be having the channel stick into the window opening a bit too far or using a black cross-section that will be close to flush.

Jim

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.