Reply To: New Year and a New Member Challange. Current garage projects.

Home Page Forums General New Year and a New Member Challange. Current garage projects. Reply To: New Year and a New Member Challange. Current garage projects.

You are very fortunate to have obtained a good price on this material. It is very beautiful, and I hear very durable. Moreover, the installation of epoxy and a concrete floor, both old and new is a formidable task. I have a bay here in Florida, where I keep the old cars. When we bought it, I decided to have an epoxy floor installed. The contractor who installed the floor had done it many times before. The process was as follows: strip floor, etch floor with acid, neutralize acid, apply two part epoxy. This floor is indestructible. Outside of dropping an anvil on it, it is as it was. It is difficult to stain. Now, the floor in the garage in my new house in Saratoga also had epoxy installed on new concrete. Although the job is commercially acceptable, little bitty bubbles are visible in many places. Probably the most important part of the process (although if any part of the process is missed, some failure occurs), is the neutralizing and rinsing of the acid etch. This causes paint lifting, or in my case bubbling. The floor must be neutralized, and rinsed. Rinsed many times or the remnants of the acid process remains.