Reply To: Fan Bearings–NEED HELP!–My vehicle is grounded!

Home Page Forums Engine Fan Bearings–NEED HELP!–My vehicle is grounded! Reply To: Fan Bearings–NEED HELP!–My vehicle is grounded!

There are several. One I used is:

Jerry Washburn

2732 Limerick Rd.

San Pablo, Ca

(510)724-5774 (work)

(510)234-1731 (home)

I also did a rebuild myself. Cleaned out all the old bearing material from the cylindrical body and filled it with sealed ball and rollar bearings. Bearing dealer assisted in the sellection of bearings. Had a new shaft turned to fit the bearings. Interesting project. Can’t give you the bearing numbers, but not difficult to match my steps. Used a leather gasket on engine side (get some leather at a shoe repair shop) to stop any more oil leaks, and added a zerk fitting where the filler screw was. Pumped bearing grease in to guarantee the long term lubrication. Either method will bring success.

This should be a standard upgrade on these cars and PAS should design and support such an improvment. Pierce started with roller bearing in the 20’s and resumed it again in the last years of operation. The slinger design was a very sophisticated solution in a day when sealed bearings were not available. Work at it and you will be pleased with the results.