1910 Pierce 4 cylinder motorcycle on eBay

Home Page Forums General 1910 Pierce 4 cylinder motorcycle on eBay

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by .
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Copied from eBay:

This is a Pierce 4-cylinder motorcycle that is disassembled and was in mid-restoration when the owner passed away. Here is what we have been able to ascertain about this bike.

The frame is a repaired original piece; the forks are new reproduction as are the fenders and the nickel plated handlebars with spirals. The tires and wheels are done and complete. It has (4) nickel plated cylinders and (4) extra cylinders; it has (4) cast iron pistons. The rest of the power train is, to us, a mystery. Basically, what you see in these photos is what you get and we welcome questions and inquiries as this auction runs its course.

As in our other auctions, this is the liquidation of an estate of a long time motorcycle collector, motorcycle racer and enthusiast. Building his collection was his lifetime’s work and we are honored to be helping his widow get his motorcycles, his motorcycle parts and his love of the sport sent around the world as a result of these auctions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-PIERCE-/141631860709?forcerrptr=true&hash=item20f9eaafe5&item=141631860709

I am told, and have seen entire Pierce 4 motorcycles that are manufactured today and available now. Just add engine……. I have no idea if this unit posted is correct or not. BUT as I have posted in the past one must be careful about open cars, that goes 100 times more for Pierce motorcycles.

There are early Pierce motorcycle parts and pieces being made overseas, I believe it’s in Poland or a neighboring country. A few years back, I had the chance to buy a complete 4 cylinder engine, and I was quoted a price from the fellow overseas to fabricate the remainder of the bike.

So yes, as Ed says, be well aware of what you’re buying these days. There are cars (and motorcycles)being built right now from the barest of original parts.

Sold for $50,000

Another 100K and it will be finished!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.