1911 Model 36

Home Page Forums General 1911 Model 36

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Here is something to talk about.

I ran across this post on the AACA site. It seems a bit odd. Pretty eclectic collection. Some of the stuff is dated but this was posted Wednesday.

Anybody have any clues? It is in France supposedly, but the license on the minivan in the garage looks domestic.

http://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOSB1ZBJCQuRetX8DRJnk5SC3MnZTv0MxkAvAaktRt_75Eg9NXeeO5sExSxqul-bQ?key=bXp5bXBael9HRTlYdWYzTWRkZWs4YXk4NlpjNkdB

Note the date – Nov 12, 2011. I think that is when I saw this for sale…..somewhere in California.

This is a perfect example of a “bitza” = “lotza” parts put together to make a car, and “lotza” parts missing.

Does anyone know anything more about this currently ?

Richard,

All I can figure out is he must be very proud of these, because, as you point out, they have been in the water for awhile.

Anyone know the Locomobile guy?

This car was for sale in Sacramento CA a year or two ago. It sold. Within a week the buyer found a correct engine for this car. It was a surprise. I do not know who bought it.

This Model 36 was on Ebay a few years ago and the engine was a C-4 engine.The photos look like the ones on the Ebay posting.I remember it sold.

I would be very leery of those cars actually existing, there’s been several scam attempts on the AACA lately, the only difference is this time the prices can’t be called “too good to be true” but more on the optimistic side. I could be off base but there was a Lasalle on the HCCA and another on eBay where the “seller” used other pictures you could locate on a google search that were from legitimate sales around 5-7 years previous. Matt Harwood said the ad even used his exact wording from the previous sale but the car went overseas and the new ad said it was in California. These scammers are getting more refined with every online criticism, if only they put the effort into real work…

Sad but true……..buying a Pierce from anyone not in the PAS for several years can be a very risky adventure. Parts also………there have beed two PAS members who had their garages broken into and parts ended up on eBay. With very elderly mambers, many don’t even check on the garage/barn very often, and the parts theft goes on for months or years. A collection in the northeast had a hole punched through a concrete wall……..they took signs, tools, everything that wasn’t part of the building. One car was restored, they jacked it up and sold all six wheels with tires and hubcaps. Caution and investigation is now always in order.

hmm. I think I need to find LOKI”s mean younger brother, and make my shop/showroom his home.

What ya think LOKI ?

Greg Long

Speaking of 1911 Pierce Arrow Model 36’s,there is one listed for sale in the current issue of the AACA “Antique Automobile””that just arrived in the mail the other day.”

That 1911 is Gil Rebar’s and he has advertised it in the Emporium. It has been for sale at that price for a long time, but he doesn’t seem to want to back off it. I’ve toured with him multiple times. It is a nice solid older restoration car that has had the engine rebuilt fairly recently.

Call me if you have any questions.

Dave Stevens

Cell 231-740-6610 EST

Can anyone supply a link to this car for sale ?

Richard, here is the contact info:

Gil Rebar

PO Box 406

Fenton, MI 48430-0406

(810)750-9945

The car is a ‘soft’ red with nickel trim. Call me to discuss car & owner.

Dave

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.