1919 series 31

Home Page Forums Buy/Sell 1919 series 31

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

http://www.hcca.org/classifieds.php?cars

Dont know if its on here. Found this om HCCA site

That was Del DeRees’ car and I believe that it was recently punched by Greg Long.

Greg had it on the Gathering at the Gilmore tour today and it ran beautifully. A very nice car.

Did Greg buy the DeRees car? I hope so, it couldn’t go to a better home, and just a short drive from where it’s been for the last forty years.

Yes, it’s part of his collection now. It will be treated to the care it deserves, and visa-versa. A great deal all around.

Glad to hear it’s still in a PAS members garage. The car was just about perfect. A little patina but I wouldn’t change a thing. Knowing Greg he will have it dialed in and cleaned up in no time.

It is a ‘tad’ rougher than near perfect. :-)

I believe the engine has never been apart, and inspire of two cylinders with about 1/2 the compression of the remaining 4 cylinders, the car does run very well. With it’s factory 3.77:1 rear gears, and 35×5 tires it will run along at 55-65 mph without any trouble. Now, STOPPING it from 65 mph is another story !!

The engine will get a freshening this winter, rings, valve job, maybe valve guides.. and possibly, or probably re-babbitting the connecting rods. The oil pressure is at or above the factory/owners manual specs at various speeds, so the pump and lower end are in fair to good condition.

I’ll post some photos later.

Greg Long

It’s a great car. “The man who owns a Pierce Arrow envies no one.”” Taken from a letter sent to the factory. I agree.”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.