1922 Pierce Arrow Coupe

Home Page Forums General 1922 Pierce Arrow Coupe

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Here is a link to a nice Pierce Arrow for sale in Orange County, California on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1922-PIERCE-ARROW-COUPE/302682676865?hash=item46794b1e81:g:Cx0AAOSwJstat60r&vxp=mtr

I would say $39,500 is great for that Pierce.

It is very nice looking.

The early Pierce experts would have to chime in on whether or not everything is correct on the car.

Craig,

I was thinking the same thing. I wish I had the space to store it.

Hopefully someone purchases it and brings it to the meet this summer.

This car was restored by PAS member Rex Hadley , Maj Gen USAF Retired, back in the 1990’s. Rex liked to do little personal mechanical tweaks for touring to his cars like the plastic radiator overflow capture tank located on the firewall. As he was finishing this car I bought the car it replaced in his collection, a 1918 Reo that had similar mods. It always toured well. I recall Rex using this car on several Modoc Tours and it always seemed to complete each day. It was a favorite of his wife Margaret, as it allowed her to travel in enclosed comfort and style. If it checks out on a test drive this would seem to be a good value. There are some earlier threads on this forum regarding this car as it has been for sale several times over the past decade.

I started a brief thread on this car a couple of months ago. Search under my name or Coupe in “Dual Valve” topics.

I looked at the car some years ago just after General Hadley passed away but did not buy it at the time. I rekindled my interest and James Whatley offered his advice by kindly providing his phone number.

For anyone interested, I recommend that you contact James or myself, but more importantly see the car in person with a critical eye. And be insistent to drive it yourself more than around the parking lot. That’s true for any car, of course.

It is a very interesting 1920’s Dual Valve that I hope can go to a good owner who will give it the care and attention it deserves.

Ebay states the car is no longer available.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.