1927 Series 80 Coach Body Color

Home Page Forums Body 1927 Series 80 Coach Body Color

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I was contacted by a Member several months ago, asking about the color of my Series 80 Coach which was at St. Louis (it is maroon with black fenders, etc). Neither I nor the previous owner had any information; I removed the cowl vent and took it to a local DuPont automotive finishes dealer, who identified it as a 1987 Volvo factory color: “Dark Red”, Code 211.

I hope this reaches any interested person; sorry for losing the contact info you gave me.

My Car has no doubt been repainted; I have no idea it is the original color and make no such claim of course. It is this color now and It looks nice so there it is.

I believe the gentleman who asked about the color was planning to repaint a Packard.

The color is what I would call maroon and it is not metallic.

Randy,

If you make contact with the guy, have him check: http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/article/

There is a section of Packard paint chips and formulas back to 1929.

-Dave

Hi, Dave. He seemed knowledgeable, and I assumed he has no interest in original colors; he wanted this color. After all Packard and Pierce-Arrow customers can have any color they want!

Randy, Just info to pass on. Your car is a pretty color. -Dave

Gents,

The AACA Library has all of the Data Books and Brochures for most models and years of the Pierce-Arrow motorcar.

The PAS gave its collection to them a few years ago with stipulations on sales to PAS members.

If you support the AACA Library, you support the PAS.

The Nethercutt Collection was created by J B Nethercutt, co-founder of Merle Norman Cosmetics.

He used PART of his wealth to assemble one of world’s leading automobile collections.

The Nethercutt Group has sufficient millions $ for many lifetimes; while to exist, the AACA and the PAS need your financial support.

Peter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.