1927 Series 80 Paint

Home Page Forums Body 1927 Series 80 Paint

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by .
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anyone have any comments or advice about the maroon of this Car? It was bought out of a museum in New Jersey by the PO and they did not repaint it. Possibly the maroon is original. It is lacquer for sure.

it seems a little bright or light for maroon but I have seen several Pierce-Arrows which are very near this color.

Hi Randy, I think it looks quite nice. Not too bright of a red, and plenty of black to offset the body color..

Greg

I’ll look through some original Series 80 sales literature, to see what the artist’s colored the ‘show cars’ in.

GL

I think it looks appropriate, as Greg says plenty of black to offset the slight brilliance of the maroon/red.

Pierce seemed to paint most of their cars in very sedate colors, and looking at factory color chips bears that out.

However, advertising helped sell cars, so brightly colored cars in ads (I call them “artist’s misconceptions””) are often seen and often copied on the real thing….”

Thanks, Fellows; I am not normally crazy about Resale Red but I agree that this example looks nice: attractive yet not loud.

The whitewall Lesters are a size larger than original at 7.00 X 21, but they look so right on the Car that I left them alone and bought a spare to match.

I am repainting the firewall and it appears to have been black originally. I have no idea if there was a significant relationship between firewall and exterior color when it was built.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.