1929 Door tool kit.

Home Page Forums General 1929 Door tool kit.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have a picture of the drivers side door tool kit, with tools? Or, the kind of tools that are placed in said door kit.

Rick

Rick,

If it is the same tool kit as a 1930 Mod B I can send you a picture of my tool kit. Jim

Jim, please send me a photo of the tool kit also…thanks Ed

I have a sewn door panel for the tools laying around somewhere, copied from an original..out of my ’31 phaeton…let me see if I can find it, to give you dimensions. Tools would have been the standard stuff, hammer, screwdriver, pliers, wrenches…I think there’s an article (in the archives?) that shows what tools go to which car.

Thanks everyone. I would love a photo. I have the original door panel. I just don’t know what tools belong in it.

Rick

If you have an original door panel, then I can’t help you any further, sorry…there may be someone with a photo of an original tool arrangement in the door, but I’ve never seen one…

Rick,

I bet that your phaeton came with the full compliment of tools, equivalent to every other 1929 Pierce equipped with wire wheels. They probably took some of the smaller tools (DOE wrench set, screwdrivers, small adjustable wrench, etc.) and put them in the door pocket. The balance of the tools were probably left in the tool pouch, along with the jack and handle, and put under the seat.

Assuming I am correct, if someone can provide you with a tool listing for a 1929 and or photographs of their complete tool kit, that will get you started with your hunt. Please note that it took me about five years (one tool at a time) to get a complete toolkit for my 1931, less two original pieces that I am still looking for!

See the 1929 Parts Manual for a list of the tools provided with the 1929 cars.

Here’s what the door tool pockets look like. This is a “new” one, and was patterned from an original. It mounts inside the door skin, and then there’s an internal bottom-hinged access door (driver door). There are pockets for nine tools, plus two small pockets at the top (an air pressure gauge, for example, would fit in one of those pockets). The one in the picture hasn’t been installed, so the pockets aren’t as deep as shown, they’ve just been made over sized so that they could then be fit to the door. Original material for this would have been an oil cloth.

Funny you should mention this topic. I was talking with Karl Krouch a few months ago about this very topic. He told me to contact Bob Dhuly who he helped acquire all the tools for his 1929 Phaeton. Bob was kind enough to take a bunch of picture and email them to me. It appears I have to attached them one at a a time. Here goes…

Interesting, because the tool pockets on my car were located not on the drop down door, but on the inside of the main door, the drop down door was plain….I know Bob did a lot of research to make sure his car is correct, but can someone verify where the tool pockets should be?

David, mine looks like Bob’s. What do you mean by “on the inside of the main door””?”

I guess it is hard to explain. My tool pouches were in the door with the pouches facing the inside of the car, thus mounted to the driver door itself, not the flat door that opens. These are mounted with the pouches facing to the OUTSIDE of the car, on the flat door. There was nothing on my flat door (the one that hinges down and has the key lock)other than a single covering.

Interesting. thanks!

Thanks for the photos. It helps a ton. I have a few of those tools pics with a few to go. I even have a great tire pressure guage as the one shown.

Once again. Thank you all. Rick

Rick, let me know what tools you need, I have a container of over a hundred Pierce script tools, with some duplicates….

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.