1929 Ignition parts

Home Page Forums Engine 1929 Ignition parts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I have a member asking for an available brand/cat number for new condenser and points-1929, 8 cylinder.

Help on this is much appreciated!

Thanks-John

I purchased the Echlin C-778 and C-779 points, listed in the Parts and Services Directory, from Napa and made the slight modifications needed to make them work in my ’29 distributor.

I don’t remember what the part number was for the condenser but I can get that when I get home.

As I recall it was one that was not for industrial use, not automotive use but it has been a few years since I purchased everything.

There have been folks that have said the points listed in the parts and services directory are not the right ones since they have to be modified but I have never seen any other part numbers offered up.

The car runs great with the points listed above so I’m happy with them.

Craig, I very much appreciate the time you spent on this response. If you have a the condenser number that would be great too. I’m sure the fellow asking for this info will be pleased.

Best-John

The Onan condenser number is 312-0256. This is a high temperature condenser. This reference comes courtesy of Greg Loftness.

Bill

In my cars, I use the same capacitor (condenser) as used for say a 1957 Chevrolet. The has a .2 microfarad or medium rating.

Thank you gents!

Best-John

Bill, thanks for completing the information I was lacking.

I have been very busy with family obligations and did not have a chance to post a follow up.

The Onan condenser is the one I am using.

The points need to have a tab removed to make them work.

It was a very simple process with a dremel tool.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.