1930 Mod B Club Sedan

Home Page Forums Body 1930 Mod B Club Sedan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’m trying to locate a rear lighter/ashtray vanity for my club sedan, picture attached. I have a parts wanted listing also but I thought this might reach someone quicker.

I’m also looking for 2 fender mount spare tire lower clamps. I don’t know if there is a left and right but the one I have was removed with a sledge and it’s shape is not original I’m sure. If I can get one to use as a pattern to cast out of aluminum would that be strong enough?

Is the rubber floor plate over the shifter and e-brake lever the same for a 30 and 31? Jim L

Jim, there was quite a discussion about the rubber floor mats not too long ago.

A search should bring up the old thread as there was a discussion about the floor mats from ’29 to ’33 or ’34 I believe.

Check with Karl Krouch. He is selling them, and would know what they fit.

On the lower tire “clamps”, aluminum would be fine, as they really don’t hold anything. They’re there as a theft deterrent, with a key and lock. I don’t even think they touch the rim of the tire.

I’d think you’d want something other than aluminum, though, if you plan to chrome them…

David,

I think they were originally cast steel but my furnace won’t quite get hot enough to cast brass and bronze is close in melting point. Aluminum can be chromed but it’s more involved. I would like to find somebody with 2 but they sound pretty rare.

Bob,

I checked with Karl and he said that he sold out of them very quickly and hadn’t had any more made. Steele lists for a 31 but I don’t know if it’s the same as a 30, that’s why I asked. Jim L

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.