1930 Model A 7-Passenger Touring for sale – 144″ $195,000

Home Page Forums Buy/Sell 1930 Model A 7-Passenger Touring for sale – 144″ $195,000

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

The estate of Melvin Boonstra offers Mel’s very special 1930 “Broadmoor Hotel” Pierce Arrow – one of the most unique and desirable Pierce Arrows ever built, and his pride and joy since purchasing it a couple of decades ago. Of the 15 Pierce cars ordered at the end of the Roaring 20’s for the transport of Broadmoor guests around Colorado Springs, 9 were closed sedans and 6 of them were 7-passenger touring cars on the 144″ wheelbase. They were all fitted with custom gears specified for climbing Pike’s Peak. This particular vehicle bears the Broadmoor number “12” stamped into its left parking light bracket. It is inadequate to describe the condition of this Seven-Passenger Pierce Touring Car as merely a “Survivor”, as it is in such a beautifully presentable condition today. Over the years it has had a couple of body-on paint recoats – perhaps commissioned by the Broadmoor, yet it has never been disassembled and restored. The car has been maintained in excellent working order and appearance for 85 years. Both the paint and the chrome are very good to excellent in appearance. The original leather is in astonishingly good condition – even the driver’s seat. The entire drivetrain runs perfectly, and is uncannily dependable and quiet. It drives out tight, smooth and powerful. A few years ago it performed flawlessly for 800+ miles of Glidden Touring. And it has charmed the crowds at multiple Gathering at Gilmore events – the latest one as recently as 3 years ago. The Pierce is being stored in Zeeland, Michigan, and can be examined by appointment. If you are interested in discussing ownership, I welcome your call or your email. $195,000. Offers considered. Keith Boonstra, c/o Zeeland Architectural Components, 600 E. Washington Ave., Zeeland, MI 49464. My cell phone is 616.450.5428, and my email address is [email protected]

Keith Boonstra, 600 E Washington Avenue, Zeeland, MI 49464-0037 H: 616/450-5428 O: 616/772-9600 [email protected]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.