1931 43 phaeton for sale, not mine!

Home Page Forums General 1931 43 phaeton for sale, not mine!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Here’s what appears to be a nice car, on PreWarCar site. Yes, it’s overseas, but a few thousand will cure that problem. Be nice to have it back in the U.S.!!

No, my 43 is not for sale….

http://www.prewarcar.com/classifieds/ad188264.html

Hi folks,the 31 PIERCE ARROW is located about 1 and half hour from where i live,all the best to you all,from Jack in sweden.

Hi Jack, the new owner should stop by to see you and have a cheer!

Hi here is the web adress to the Company that sells the pierce, http://www.classicsportcar.se the site is also in English.The new owner is more than welcome to visit and take a closer look at my 1935 pierce.have a nice day,Jack.

The for-sale listing in the above PreWarCar.com link has expired, however it’s now listed on this U.K. site:

(£69,000 = $100k at current exchange)

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C689777

Thanks for update, still looks like a nice car! Sure do like mine!

David, what is your opinion on the leather on the seats? Is the interior the same as on your car? I’m wondering if the seat cushions should have seams, or pleats or just smooth leather.

I contacted the seller of this car, he told me it had an un-diagnosed noise in the engine. I attempted to get more information regarding the noise. But I did not find out any additional information. If I knew when the noise was heard, such a when the engine is first started only. Or when it has been fully warmed up and is running hot, what the oil pressure is, etc etc.. It sure would be helpful.

I sure wish this car was in the States. Going to Sweden to ‘kick the tires’ is a bit extravagant for me. Having an 8cylinder touring car would be a great addition to my collection.

Greg Long

Greg, the interior is partially wrong in the car. The doors appear to have the correct pattern, but the seats should not be pleated. The Model 43 phaeton had smooth seats, with a center piping on the rear seat backrest and cushion. The second from rear top bow appears to be slightly elevated, which can only happen if the rear bow is too far forward. I don’t see a pure side shot with the top up, to see rear bow position, the rear curtain should be very close to vertical. The trunk on the car is incorrect, from what I understand, although I guess those are aftermarket. I’ve been told the all metal trunk on mine is correct for that model Pierce, and if I remember Bob Dluhy has the same trunk on his 43 phaeton as mine. The engine in this model is the only Pierce 8 with a timing gear, not chain, is what I’ve been told, wonder if the noise could be that, perhaps worn gears? As you say, hard to diagnose long distance.

I met my Pierce in 1965, was able to buy it in 1984, and have enjoyed it ever since….classic lines in a great looking and driving car…go for it!!

back seat picture

front seat picture

door panel

trunk

trunk outside….the stock luggage rack extends behind the regular bumper, so there’s an accessory bumper that wraps much further out and around the trunk…I didn’t want to do that, so made new brackets for the trunk rack that would pull it closer to the body, and within the regular bumper, just like the look a lot better…

Looks good to me !

Thanks for the photos of your leather seats and door panel. Photos save LOTS of typing. :-)

Greg Long

I see now, on PreWarCar, that this phaeton has sold…..

And as of today, is no longer listed on either of the websites. This particular vehicle was on the PreWarCar site for some time and then seemed to sell quickly once it hit the CarandClassic site. I notice that numerous classic car websites aren’t always good about updating cars for sale/no longer for sale, or list vehicles for auctions that are long since past. Also some vehicles sit on these sites for a very long time, and sometimes even I can fathom the reasons why! There seem to be a few Pierce-Arrows for sale in Europe/U.K. and I thought the strong US dollar might be enough to bring them back across the Atlantic, but it doesn’t seem so.

For anyone interested, this ’31 remains listed “for sale”” on the dealer’s web-site which Jack Karling noted above. Here’s the link:”

http://www.classicsportcar.se/bilar.php?bil=135

Hi folks,the Pierce Arrow is still for sale.I just called the seller .he told me that the car runs strong,and that there is no knocking noice Heard from the Engine,he thought the sound maybe comes from the clutch throw out bearing.But to be sure its best to listen to the car.All the best from Jack.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.