1931 Air Cleaner Logo

Home Page Forums Engine 1931 Air Cleaner Logo

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Note the neat logo on my ‘31 air cleaner housing; not a decal it seems to have been painted on using a stencil. The paint is noticably thick. I was going to repaint the cleaner but this looks original and it seems a shame to remove it.

Anyone have a stencil? Ibwinder if this is a commercial type style…

I’m new with the a Pierce, but my car is about as original as it can get. Not only do I have absolutely no remnants of any stenciling, but the paint used looks much thinner than what is underneath your stencil. I don’t believe it’s original but I could be wrong, hopefully someone else will know for sure.

My picture is too large to post, I will look for your email address and send it to you.

I have never seen this on any ’31 or ’32 which use this type of air cleaner.

There was a ‘decal’ on the valve covers on the side of the engine, They were a decal, not hand painted.

So I doubt that that is original lettering.

Greg Long

If it’s not original, I don’t mind removing it although someone did a quality job on it.

It doesn’t belong there…….it’s a stencil of what went on the valve covers. Keep it if you like it……

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.