1931 Model 43-137

Home Page Forums General 1931 Model 43-137

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Just paging through this month’s Hemmings Motor News, I see that a 1931 Pierce sold at the Russo and Steele Scottsdale auction back in January. I was surprised that while the car was graded as a 4+ that the car sold for only $14,300. Does anyone know anything of the history of the car? Again, just curious and trying get a handle on the pricing of a car before I buy one. Thanks.

I saw that too, thumbing through Hemmings today. It appears like it needs a total restoration, so the low sale price is not shocking, based on what project cars are bringing these days.

One is so much better off buying a car that’s restored, or even a good older restoration. Just the cost of rechroming everything on that “bargain” would exceed the purchase price.

In the old days, you’d dust ’em off and drive them. Today, you either need an exceptional original car, or a restored car….

The car in question supposedly was restored in the 1960’s, and had a recent mechanical go over, so wonder if could have been that bad.

Car looks like it might be usable, but also like it needs some TLC. Here’s a picture from the catalog. If good mechanically, some money spent judiciously might result in an OK car, but as has been discussed before, a full restoration and you’re “in the bucket”” big time.”

Ken,

Keep in mind “restored”” means multiple things to many people.

I’ve looked at completely restored cars that I would have to totally disassemble and

re-do before I would even drive it on the road.

I also remember restoring Model A Fords in the 1960’s with a rattle can of paint from the hardware store.

How’s that for admitting something disgraceful in public ??”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.