1931 Pierce Arrow Model 42 convertible coupe

Home Page Forums General 1931 Pierce Arrow Model 42 convertible coupe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I am a newbie member having just purchased my first Pierce Arrow in Amelia Island. I am in the process of gathering information on Chassis Number 252514. At this point, I only know the car was a prior recipient of the Bernard J. Weis Trophy in 1994 and the owner of the car at that time was Robert Kull of Ill. Wayne Carini either owned or brokered the car for sale at Amelia Island. Obviously, would like to get the total history on the car if anyone can help with contacts or historical information. Thank you in advance…

Bob Morris

Great Falls, Virginia

Hi, Bob,

The earliest roster that I have is 1987 and Bob Kull owned the car then. He restored it and brought it to the St. Louis meet in 1994 and won the Weis trophy as you say. It’s a very interesting car because it has a set of Budd wheels on it. I’m sure that it still looks great and I hope to see it on the road at a future meet.

Bill

Bob,

Welcome to group, you have a BEAUTIFUL car! I am sure that other, longer term, members will be able to give you some insight on your car. The Pierce-Arrow Society is an informative and supportive group. I too, look forward to seeing it at future PAS meets.

Congrats on the purchase of a great automobile.

As John mentioned, there are sure to be others that can fill in some gaps regarding your car’s history.

Welcome to the PAS!

Bob –

Bernie Weis keeps a record of known Pierce-Arrows. I suggest you write to him (he does not email) and ask for a printout of what he has on it.

Brooks

Robert,

Welcome the group they have been very helpful to me.

Thank you Brooks for the information. Peter Williams was able to give me

some history of ownership on my car. He emailed it to me.

Sincerely,

Ken

Dear Bob,

Welcome. Wonderful looking car. I am just up the road from you. I hope to see you and your car in person in the near future. As a recent member, I cannot say enough about how helpful and welcoming this group is.

Robert

I had my 31 Model 42 convertible coupe for thiry years. I would be pleased to offer any information that I have available (or remember). My car was amazingly original, appearance items pretty much cosmetically redone. The number on my car I thought was 2525415, which has one more digit than yours (I could be wrong, also). Perhaps Robert has passed. I can still see him at meets walking hand in hand with his wife. A most delightful couple, and a very nice car.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my request for information on the car. Brooks, I will drop Bernie Weis a short note in the next few days. Tony, I would love to see a picture of your 31 Model 42 if by chance you have one saved. By the way to the group, Carini’s television crew covered the sale of the car at the Bonhams auction. He reviewed the car afterwards in detail and discussed the history of the Pierce Arrow company for an upcoming show of Chasing Classic Cars. I will let the group know when the show airs. Thank you all again.

Bob

Bob,

I have a disc of Bernie’s files. For car serial number 2525124, the records show two owners:

1. Bob Kull (which you already know)

2. Wally Petersen (with no address information)- showing as a source AACA 1961. This may have come from the AACA club roster. You can probably get the AACA information by contacting the AACA Library.

Paul Johnson

Thank you so much for your help Paul…

Congratulations Bob! A beautiful Pierce-Arrow that we admire very much.

We found this old photo for everyone to enjoy.

Best wishes and happy motoring.

M&P

Wally Petersen’s still in the PAS. You can find him in the roster and contact him via email or whatever. I know he’d be glad to talk to you about the car.

Bill

Wally Peterson was the first newsletter editor in 1957 and worked with Vale Faro to get the Society going. I have not talked to Wally for some years so I don’t know his health status, but he had dropped out of the Society fairly early after selling his P-A. He attended the Gathering at Gilmore in 2004 and was surprisingly young in appearance and spirit then. I can’t find his phone number right now, but his last address is:

Wally Petersen W4835 North Shore Dr. Waupaca WI 54981

Dave

Dave, Bill, and Mike(Pat),

This is very helpful information and thanks so much for sharing. I will do my best to try and speak to Wally. Mike(Pat), I really enjoyed the picture of the car with the top up.

Bob

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.