1932 Pierce Arrow Club Brougham – advice needed

Home Page Forums General 1932 Pierce Arrow Club Brougham – advice needed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I’m Tom Wallace, Dayton, OH. I have been a PAS member for about a year.

I bought an all original complete 1932 Pierce Arrow Club Brougham that was previously owned by Fred Tycher and then more recently by a fellow in the central valley of California. It may not have run in over 50 years.

With Greg Long and John Cislak’s help, we got it running pretty well. We showed the car at the Stan Hywett Concours, Cincinnati’s 2015 Ault Park Concours and most recently at Dayton’s 2015 Carillon Concours.

At our local show, we won our class in “Preservation up to ’42”. I had the only Pierce Arrow in a sea of Packards! The Pierce Arrow won out! Photo below.

We are going to the Hilton Head Concours Nov 1st. I wanted to finish off a couple last minute items.

My car is complete but is missing a door handle escutcheon. I was able to get a window crank escutcheon from John Cislak. The door handle one is flatter and of a larger diameter than the window crank. Does anyone have an extra I could buy? Photo below.

The only other item is more of a question. The rear seat area has a pretty intact carpet. The upholstery of the entire car does show its age. It has that lived-in smell that old vehicles have. But the front floor carpet is literally gone. The exposed floorboards are a bit beat up.

If I present this car as an all original preserved car, should I leave the front floor area alone leaving the floor naked? Or should I try to get some sort of replacement. I don’t have a photo of how the front carpet is stitched together.

Any advice is welcome.

Tom Wallace

Dayton, OH

Here is a photo of the eschutcheon.

Tom you are a lucky guy. You seem to be having a good time showing you car in the Preservation Class and that is great for those of us who like to see an original vehicle with all of its glorious patina.

Keep in mind that the door handle escutcheon that you need will be found and preferably unrestored. The same goes for the front carpet because I suspect somebody has kept the old left over carpet from a restoration.

As a former member of the “Dallas Breakfast Club”” I knew Fred Tycher and consider myself fortunate for the privilege.

Happy motoring!”

Cislak should have the bezel, send him a photo, he had a bunch of them on the shelf yesterday.

Thanks all.

I will send John Cislak a photo of the door handle escutcheon via email.

tom

Tom,

I live in south Carolina and go to the Hilton Head concourse every year. I’ll look for you so two Tom’s can get together and talk Pierce talk. I am bringing my two year old son to his first concourse so this should be fun.

I just took my 9 and 11 year old boys to Hershey for the first time. Peter Williams met them, and I am sure a few others saw them at the PAS tent. They are shy at first. It was amazing how all but one vendor, who wigged out when one of the kids picked up a trinket off a table to look at, went out of their way to make the kids welcome. They brought home more free stuff than I bought.

We had been there an hour, and the younger one started faking a foot injury because he wanted to ride in the wagon. That got cured when I had them start looking for a bike for the older one. The older one got upset when we decided to leave after 7 hours (and just before the thunderstorm on Friday). Ultimately, they had a great time, and now know what to expect. Thomas, you WILL have your hands full with a toddler.

It was great to see all the PAS members, if only for 15 minutes. The two cars in the tent were spectacular in their own ways. I was wondering if that rumble seat had an ejection option for the kids !

He’s really a good little man. He is around my auburn and Packards in the shop and likes the Pierce even though it is a project. I just want to raise him right ya know…..around the true classics.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.