1933 LeBaron Convertible Coupe

Home Page Forums General 1933 LeBaron Convertible Coupe

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I am considering purchasing a 1933 LeBaron Convertible Coupe. Was this body only mounted on the V12 136 inch wheelbase? I have heard about one example mounted on a longer wheelbase.

What makes you think that is LeBaron? Do you have any numbers off of it?

Oftimes when we see a ’33 Convertible coupe or Convertible sedan with Chromed door hinges, it is claimed to be a LeBaron body. Maybe they are. However, the top and whole rest of the body sure looks like the top configuration that Pierce copied from the Derham body company starting in 1931

Tony is correct about the Derham influence on the PA model 42 cabriolet. The body was modified some and used on the PA model 54 cabriolet (pictured). Considering the company was short on cash in 1933 the model 54 body was utilized without significant changes.

There are many Pierce cars with factory bodies that have LeBaron tags on them. I would recommend that anyone who wishes to purchase a open car hire a competent advisor to prevent engine, chassis, and series swaps, as well as other issues that often pop up on the bigger dollar cars. There are a lot of incorrect open Pierce cars out there, cut down coups, etc. Buyer Beware!

The name tags are available online.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.