1933 pierce for sale on the internet

Home Page Forums Buy/Sell 1933 pierce for sale on the internet

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

1933 coupe with rumble seat listed as a club sedan is for sale. said to have built for the Chicago

Worlds Fair. If any member is considering to purchase this car, you should call me . Leo—586-752-6662.

are there photos of the car?

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/default.aspx?carid=9513&eve

Second car top row, yellow sport coupe.

WOW!

A lovely style, but it is kind of YELLOW, do you think!

Need sunglasses to look at that puppy.

Leo: I remember a wonderful day at Meadowbrook, you and Joand with this car, and Claire and I with the ’36. I swore the car was an 8 cylinder, wasn’t it?

You are correct my car was an 8 cyl. I sold my car to D.U. Howard of San Antonio .He changed it to a 12. I am 99% certain that this my former car. I can tell you more but I am a poor & slow typist.

I was at Meadowbrook for that show too, I really loved that car. But I remember the ‘controversy’ about it starting life as an 8, an 836 and it ‘became’ a 1236.

A little too ‘YELLOW’ for my tastes, but I remember it looks better ‘in person’ than in the photos.

Greg L

At Meadowbrook the car won ‘Peoples Choice”.The yellow was a lighter shade and there were three shades of yellow. Body, fenders and belt-line were all different. Mr. Howard Used two yellows and much brighter yellows.

It drove like a modern car and the brakes were superb.

From what I can remember, it’s a late series Seagrave motor extensively modified with a modern Holly carb. I was told it ran great, but it’s a stretch to call it a Pierce Arrow….. it’s more like a resto-rod. It may also have electronic ignition and other mods, but I can’t remember.

This picture may have been taken at the 2011 Keels and Wheels show in Seabrook, Texas. I recall that the car had a 12 cylinder engine and that the owner was listed as from San Antonio. Although I no longer remember his name, he was at that time a PAS member, and I e-mailed him and said that I hoped he would bring the car back for future Keels and Wheels shows because it was so pretty. I never received a reply, nor did the car return the next year.

The URL below is for a picture of the Pierce-Arrow at Keels and Wheels that I mentioned above. You have to go down a bit on the page to see it. It is yellow!! If I’m not submitting the URL properly and you can’t bring the picture up, I apologize.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34988722@N02/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.