1933 rod noise.

Home Page Forums General 1933 rod noise.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

John Cislak purchased in 1933 sedan in late October just after Hershey. The plan was to fix the rod noise, and have a nice driver. Here it is this afternoon. We call this mission creep!

Wow-that’s an innovative way to fix rod noise.

Looks great Ed!

Darn, that rod must have been hard to get to! A day to take apart, three years to put back together!

John looks like he’s staring at the frame while on the phone with his mortgage broker asking how much equity he can pull out of his house.

It’s an interesting car, the body and interior were restored a while back, but the entire drive line and chassis were not, and there was a rod knock, so the plan was to open up the motor, hope a simple fix was at hand, effect the repair, and have a nice driving restored Pierce. Motor needed to come out, and then the clean up started. It justt seemed easier to do it right, and if you know John, he doesn’t take short cuts when restoring cars. Ask him for a ride in it at Saint Louis in June. He plans on having it there if possible, time will tell!

Ed, I look forward to see the MA fellas and the car. Will your schedule allow?

Yes, I will be at Saint Louis! I’m trying to get the schedule back to “normal” so I can regularly attend the meet. With a bit of luck John and I will be bringing two or three cars this year, depending on hat we get finished. Ed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.