1934 PA wire wheels

Home Page Forums Chassis 1934 PA wire wheels

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know what colors of wire wheels were offered/factory 1934 pierces?

Hi Greg,

Many cars in ’34 used one of the body colors, and sometimes a contrasting color on the wheels. For examples, if you look in PASB 75-4, you’ll see the documented paint color schemes for the upper body, lower body, fenders, & wheels.

If you don’t have a copy of the old Service Bulletins, hard copies can be purchased through the PAS Editor, or let me know and I can attach it and e-mail it to you.

Happy Motoring,

Chris Diekman

Chris,
    I was getting ready to powder coat my wheels.The car is black with a
    single white pinstrip and black wheels.But I have looked at a lot of
    old cars with red/maroon wheels and they look way better with black.
    Black on black is to much black in my opinion.I planned to do red
    pinstrip as well.But was concerned about straying to far from what
    might have been offered originally/factory.I don’t have any publications on
    colors.Just bought my first pierce this past month.

thanks,greg

Greg,

Congratulations on getting your first Pierce Arrow and Welcome to the Pierce Arrow Society! See my e-mail for more details on your question.

You’ll find that there are a lot of knowledgeable and helpful members in the Society who really like seeing more members (and cars) join the club and getting another Pierce back onto the road!

All the best,

Chris Diekman

Hi Greg,

The 34 Color, Styling and Trimming booklet shows black came with two thin satin sliver stripes. Black body was accompanied by black wheels on all body styles and models. Either artillery or wire wheels got the same treatment. For a nominal fee, Pierce would paint and stripe cars to customers tastes. Welcome to the world of Pierce-Arrow.
    All the best
    Rick

Pierce allowed the customer to dictate almost any color on any part of the car. When the customer specified the colors at the point of order, the factory would include the colors picked as part of the ‘build sheet’ and it would be considered a ‘factory standard color’. As for your car I can only tell you that the 1930 cars were allowed chrome spokes as well as colors. My spokes are stainless steel with painted rims and hubs. They are elegant! To chrome the hubs and rims also was just too much – an ‘overkill’.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.