1941 Pierce Arrow !

Home Page Forums General 1941 Pierce Arrow !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Try this link, it’s interesting to see a 1941 Pierce Arrow bike!

http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?10585-1941-Pierce-Arrow-for-sale!-650-shipping.

Hi Ed: The 1941 St. Louis bicycle registration plate doesn’t make it a 1941 Pierce-Arrow bicycle. Maybe Paul Jacobs can date it.

Heck,

When I first seen this, I thought, Ed’s got a picture of the 1941 Pierce (last one made).” Then, I seen–” bike.”

Some one, out there, has to have a photo of this “last Pierce.” All my sources have all departed; but, you never know.

Bob

Ed, my software is blocking the image. Can you post the image here or e-mail it to [email protected] , thanks

Hi Paul, I will try and email it to you, I’ll do my best, not sure if it will work. Ed

Ed, I sent it to Paul yesterday. He has it.

The Angola made racers were offered each year in 4 models. The less expensive models have a wide gap between rear tubes to allow use of tires up to 1.375″ width while the more expensive models have a narrow spread between rear tubes limiting tire size to 1.125″ width. There are many other subtle differences such as material composition & gauge of tubes, 3 piece crank construction and componentry. The bike offered here appears to be an amateur racer with a one piece crank as shown in the 1924 catalog. This same bike is shown in the 1932 catalog virtually unchanged, so assigning a year of manufacture is unlikely as this model was offered year after year.

Emblem Mfg met their demise in 1939-40.

Thanks, Ralph and Paul. I just thought the photos were interesting, and after Paul’s talk on them, I think it’s time I find an interesting Pierce with a crank. ( And no motor.) Ed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.