2013 Minden Meet

Home Page Forums General 2013 Minden Meet

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Many thanks to the 2013 Meet Committee headed by Al and Linda Abrahamson!

What a fabulous time we all had way out West in Nevada.

The weather was perfect, the scenery was tremendous, the food was, well, plentiful and excellent. And did I mention the food was plentiful? WOW!

Of course, the companionship was as always, Pierce-Arrow class. We all had a Ball!

Thanks again to our hosts and hostesses of the Northern California Region.

Well said Peter,

Al, Linda and their entire team did a spectacular job. Many thanks.

Happy Motoring,

Rick

We had a great time!! Wonderful tours, the friday tour to the private collections was much better than the tour of the National auto museum!!

Great food and a very nice location for show field.

A great job Al and Linda !!

Greg Long

A follow-up comment:

I helped with the ‘trouble-truck’ that was available for the cars touring. I was impressed that in spite of the hot weather, high altitude and steep roads, the trouble truck was only called for twice, both times the ‘problem’ solved by the time the truck arrived. [one low tire, one ‘vapor lock’]..

So our touring cars were well prepared and showed that they were up to some rather arduous condtions and roads.. Congratulations to the cars and owners who prepared them for the tours !!

Greg Long

Hats off to Al and Linda for the well planned extravaganza. The

hill from hell on the way to Virginia City was a nice distraction!

Al even positioned a palomino wild horse 10 feet from the roadway

for giggles. Everywhere you looked were enthusiastic enthusiasts!

I hope Al and Linda (and their backup) survived.

Tony Costa

The Meet was GREAT, the participants were BETTER and the scenery was not bad either.

Peter

Oh yeah, the Meet would have been perfect if only Tony didn’t bring his junky old car!

Tony’s car was the star of the meet for me, fresh from the barn, needed a dust-off, and a bit of brass polish, I’d like to have several of these ‘junky old cars’ !!

I wish Tony would bring it to more PAS meets !

Greg L

Al & Linda deserve huge credit for recruiting not only local PAS members (a surprising number live in the delightful Carson Valley) but also many members of other car clubs to make these meet superb! Many thanks to all the Nevada folks who were hands-on all the time before and during the Meet. Those of us NorCal Region members who live “over the hill” mostly in the SF Bay Area did what we could at a distance, but the day-to-day efforts of the Nevada folks are the greatest contributor to the success of the Meet.

Thanks and congrats to all of you!

George

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.