2015 Gathering at Gilmore

Home Page Forums General 2015 Gathering at Gilmore

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

‘Tis summer and the Gathering season,

Red barns and blue berries are so pleasin’,

Pierce-Arrows all around and smiles abound,

A couple named Stevens the reason.

Thank you Dave and Diana.

Excellent poem and an excellent time. Great to see you Joe, Debra and many other PAS friends!

John and Sue

A big thank you to Dave and Diana for hosting another great Gathering at Gilmore.

Logistically, this is a major accomplishment to direct everyone down the same scenic roads and keep everyone very well fed plus entertained and for 3 1/2 days, to boot! And Dave & Diana make this happen every year without a hitch.

Those PAS members who have attended the Stevens’ patented Gathering in beautiful Western Michigan know what an enjoyable and memorable event this is.

Stu Blair

Well said Stu!

We too had a great time at the Western Michigan Gathering at Gilmore.

The tours were as always on low-traffic country roads with farms, green fields of crops and wonderful views.

I wonder if Dave and Diana will ever run out of new car collections to visit ?? So far over 12 years, I don’t think we have had a repeat visit to more than two or three collections. And those ‘repeats’ were such great collections that they were a real treat to see a second time.

At this meet we had perfect weather, light winds and highs of 78* or so.

The Sunday show was perfect, we even wore out a few people attending the show ! LOKI and Ken took a break in the back seat of our ’25 Series 80 Touring after a busy morning !

Many thinks to Dave and Diana for a great weekend !!

Greg, Ken and LOKI

That is the funniest picture…..

Nice to spend time with the Holly contingent.

John and Sue

Sorry I missed it. Just so much going on this summer. See you next year!

Jane & I thought this years Gathering was special. Good weather, good food, GREAT touring and GREAT friends!

Dave and Diana make it look almost effortless. But I know better because I have put on much lesser events. Hard work and acute attention to detail make it seem like there is nothing to it. Dave & Diana, Thank You for all you do for the Pierce Arrow Society! As Ed Minnie just said, see you next year.

I too am very sorry that I wasn’t able to attend this year. Dave and Diana are special people and are real assets to the Pierce Arrow Society. They always host wonderful events and that part of Michigan is always relaxing, enjoyable and beautiful touring country.

Twelve (12) consecutive years of the Gathering at Gilmore and I believe two (2) Kalamazoo Annual Meets. Again, special folks!

Well said John! And in addition to what you mention, many years of (1) PAS board service, (2) past PAS treasurer, (3) managing the PAS tent at Hershey, (4) publishing a great regional newsletter, (5) Pierce-Arrow museum director, and (6) numerous good articles published in the ARROW. These folks are real workaholics and the rest of us are so fortunate for it!

Not only does Dave give of himself to the Club, but he helps hapless

members attempt restorations in parking lots. Preparation for a brass

encrusted P.-A. was not going well for the Minden Nev. Meet and Dave

generously saved the day( along with several others). Thanks Dave!

I am left wondering if Diana knew what she was getting into when she married Dave? Hopefully, Dave included all this in his wedding vows!

Unfortunately, I was not about to attend. I (and I presume others) would appreciate it if those that did attend would posted some pictures. Please share the fun :)

Robert

Robert, this is a MUST attend meet. I was not able to this year, but plan on it next year. Ed.

Ed, completely agree. We had made plans way back for that weekend not knowing how great this event was (now I know!) Also, after meeting and talking with David and Diana in Buffalo, I was really sorry we had the other plans but I could not figure out a way to get out of them (don’t think I didn’t try). I am definitely planning on attending next year.

Robert

A few pics from this excellent venue

and another

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.