2018 Annual Meet and California Fires

Home Page Forums General 2018 Annual Meet and California Fires

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Besides the tragic consequences of the wildfires raging through the Napa area of California, have any Members been directly affected? Is it known if there will be impact to the planned annual meet?

Our thoughts and prayers are with those people living in that area.

Yesterday we received our packet for the meet. We went to the link on the flyer for reservations. There is a pink banner across the top stating that:

Due to the fires in the area our hotel is not accepting reservations until further notice. If you have any questions about your reservation, please call 1-800-HILTONS for assistance.

Mike & Pat

http://group.doubletree.com/piercearrow

http://group.doubletree.com/piercearrow

Hi Randy,

At this point it is probably too early to assess the fires’ impact on next year’s meet. I believe the DoubleTree is not in a direct fire area. Some of the destinations are in or very near some of the fires and may be impacted. There are several PAS members in the area, but I don’t know their status.

One if the hotels we had considered, a Hilton, burned to the ground. I am planning on being in the area next week. If that occurs, I will try to at least get a feel for the impact on the meet. Right now access to the area is pretty restricted. -Dave

Looking at the current Cal Fire maps, it appears that Rohnert Park is not in a direct fire area. There is one fire a few miles to the east that could become a factor depending on weather. It most likely has impacted one of our tour routes. Most of the fires are less than 5 percent contained and winds are supposed to increase today so at this point nothing is certain.

Dave

If you go to the Washington Post’s web site tonight, they have a video of a neighborhood where a carrier is delivering mail to an area completely burned out. The initial screen shot has a picture of a ’55 Chevy 4 door wagon that is crispy. There are likely a bunch more that met the same fate. You all in California should remember Mr. October, Reggie Jackson, lost a warehouse full of cars to a fire some years back. This will go down as a tough year for antique cars.

Hello,

I just went to the site and here is the statement that they are open and accepting reservations now.

Our hotel is open and accepting reservations, however services may be limited given wildfire conditions in our area. We will continue to monitor and provide updates as more information becomes available. Our thoughts are with those impacted by these wildfires.

Hi All,

As Dave said, Rohnert Park is not in a direct fire area.

The Doubletree Hotel is alive and well and accepting reservations for the meet. Their Pierce-Arrow reservation banner NOW says: “Our hotel is open and accepting reservations, however services may be limited [presently] given wildfire conditions in our area. We will continue to monitor and provide updates as more information becomes available. Our thoughts are with those impacted by these wildfires.”

Our Meet Committee will be assessing the landscape/tour routes in the next week or two. We will probably shift one or two planned tours from the areas east of Santa Rosa to the vast unaffected areas toward the coast, where the scenery is still beautiful and the roads awesome.

So, we will still have an awesome Meet with great roads, great cars, interesting collections and destinations, wineries, redwoods, and great Pierce-Arrow camaraderie.

I have inquired, but no info yet on our one member in the affected area.

Looking forward to seeing you in California,

Bob Jacobsen

2018 PAS Meet Co-Chair

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.