31 model 42 whistle.

Home Page Forums Engine 31 model 42 whistle.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

The whistle in my 31 pierce seems to have been narrowed down to the muffler. The muffler is rusted through, and the diagnostic water hoses wired to different areas of the engine and muffler send the noise from the muffler. The muffler is 52″ long, 5″ diameter, and 2 or 2/18 diamater ends. Who has one, or who makes them, Eddie Minnie recommends Kepich, any other ideas, or does someone have one. that I can have immediately. Tony

Tony, go to your local jobber ,give him the demensions of the muffler. He should have a catalogue of all available mufflers that give the demensions and hopefully find a match. You want a straight through muffler. Ihave done this in the past.—Leo

Waldron exhaust in Michigan should be able to help you out. I called them for my 29; they made a complete exhaust system without looking at mine. They have all of the patterns. They can make stainless steel systems too.

I was unable to find any muffler 52″ long at NAPA or CarQuest, etc. John Kepich is making one and it should arrive today or tomorrow.

The muffler arrived from John Kepich within a week of my order. It has been installed, and the problem is resolved. Kepich did a great job, and was most helpful. The sound is different, the original equipment muffler had a more mellow sound, oh well. We will autopsy the old muffler to see what obstructed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.