48 HP Body Plate

Home Page Forums Body 48 HP Body Plate

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I have a friend (non club member) that purchased a body plate on E bay. It has 48HP on it and the serial no. 51408. He requested that I reveal what year it came off of. After I scanned the P.A. Society roster, I couldn’t come up with any 48 HP numbers that came close. Can anybody make sense out of this mystery?

I just went through my relatively complete serial numbers tables on KNOWN P-A cars and I can’t even get close to the number 51408.

The closest LISTED 48HP in my tables is 10127, a mere 41,281 numbers off.

Me thinks that there is a problem with the data plate stamping.

Did your friend send you a pic? If so, post it.

I agree with Peter, I think there is a problem here somewhere. I suspect there is a digit missing and the plate belongs to a 1919-1920 Series 51. That should have a 6-digit number, starting with 51. A picture of the plate would help.

Peter, you need to update your tables. The Series 3, 4 & 5 48hp cars have higher numbers than 10127. My 48-B-5 is 17092.

Paul

We know of 104 trucks, but my rosters skip a few years of late teens trucks. Is the complete list somewhere to see if they continue into the 51k’s? Most years show less than 40 dues paying truck owners. Karl

Paul, I agree that there is a digit missing.

When you redirected me to the 51 models, I found hat my tables are not lacking; I just need to learn how to use them properly, HA!

It is not like the PAMCC had a logical way to identify models.

It can be quite a jumble, especially for this one Pierce-Arrow owner, Series 80 guy.

Peter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.