6 volt tire inflators.

Home Page Forums General 6 volt tire inflators.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

G’day, Does anyone know of a supplier of 6 volt tire inflators? Millions of 12 volt ones. If anyone knows it will be on the Message Board. The knowledge of our members is staggering. Especially their willingness to share it! Enjoy your spring weather

Jak.

I looked for 6 volt tires and couldn’t find any. I did come up with 2 other potential options.

1 At http://www.powerstream.com they have a DC/DC Boost converter that allows you to run 12 Volt items off of 6 Volts. Might be handy for other things.

Part# PSTC-0624012. Lists for $298

2. Maybe there is a solar charger?

Yo Jak,

Bill has the correct idea, but his price is out of sight!

I wired a 6v to 12v INVERTER into my Series 80 under the dash and out of sight for running small electronics.

I believe that the price was $99.95 USD and I got it from The Classic Car Radio Doctor.

http://www.classiccarradiodoctor.com/inverter.htm

HOWEVER, the DRAW (amps-wise) on an air pump may be serious and could blow fuses and smoke OLD wires.

The website above has both inverters and boosters, but you should call them with your application.

Personally, I also have a 12V jumper pack (Wagan Power Dome EX Compact Generator) that has a built in air pump. They have a short air hose, but it is good enough. The Wagen Power Dome coasts about $125.00 USD.

However, you should look on Amazon.com, as I just did. They have a bunch of cordless / rechargeable air compressors (Black & Decker ASI500 12-Volt Cordless Air Station Inflator / Goodyear i5000 Cordless Tire Inflator and 12-Volt Power Pack / Campbell Hausfeld CC 2300 Portable Inflator) for not much money.

Otherwise, you can keep looking for 6V tires.

Cheers to the Oz-man.

Peter

Righto you Guys!!!—I was sure that Amazon sold 6V tires!! However ????

Why did I not come up with a battery powered inflator? Also at $268 for a 6v to 12v transformer of enough capacity to run a 12v one—I could hook up my car’s 6v system to my pacemaker & pump like blazes with my manual pump!!! Good stuff

Jak.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.