“8”” Emblem”

Home Page Forums Body “8”” Emblem”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have a ’33 836 with the rear mount spare. I kind of like it because it is easier to get to the engine and the car looks longer without the spares disrupting the sweep of the fenders. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE side mounts, but they don’t appear to be in the cards. Anyway, I have a few questions.

1. Does a rear mount spare car have one of these emblems (see photo)?

2. If so where does it go?

3. Can you get a trunk mount for a rear spare car? I couldn’t tell from the parts book and I can’t envision how it would mount.

4. Is the emblem supposed to be gold (brass) around the outer edge.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

I believe the areas shown in brass in the photo should be chrome. For sure the later ones with the arrow are chrome. I know I had a used round one some time ago and it was chrome, but who knows if it was original. However, it appeared to be original Bob Sands will know.

The rear mounted spare tire has a metal cover and has no emblem. The hubcap would identify the make and engine size. The rear mounted spare cars I have observed did not have a rack, as the parts book seems to indicate. The outer edge of the emblem is chrome plated. Maybe the trunk rack mount for a brougham or club sedan would extend out enough for the rear mounted spare tire, since this rack extended out for the trunk space.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.