A day at the Sorgum festival.

Home Page Forums General A day at the Sorgum festival.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Went to the mountains again today. Leaves were beautiful. This time it was to go to the Sorghum Festival and car show in Blairsville, GA and to have my wife see Joe Knowles ’28.

Joe said it was ok to show some pictures so the next couple of messages are of his car.

Here is another. There were very few true antiques, mainly restomods and muscle cars. There was a very nice 51 Studebaker Starliner Convertible.

A LaSalle and a Model A sedan.

Joe had a chair for me,as promised and we had a great discussion about the merits of a LeBond Lathe vs a Southbend and milling machine options.

My wife was intrigued by the golf bag door and the condition of the interior.

Joe has an absolutely gorgeous car and I think a lot of people appreciated the chance to see it.

Joe had to drive about 20 miles and he had trouble keeping it under 55/60.

Spectacular day with a true ambassador of the hobby. Topped the day off with a high rev run back home thru the mountains in the Maserati.

Bill, nice post-thank for adding it.

Best-John

Joe, your perseverance and ingenuity have really paid off–the car looks wonderful! It would be great if your many “adventures” in bringing this one back could be written up for the benefit of the membership.

Bill, thanks very much for the photography and the narrative!

George

William,

Enjoyed the visit with you and your wife and a big thank you to her for the nice pictures. you are correct there are very few true antiques at any of these shows I think it is due to a younger generation and the parts that can be easily sourced. Many older people thanked me for bringing the car.

George, Thanks for your nice comment. The car would likely still be sitting in the shop had it not been for your kind help early on and the supply of an axle that I needed to get it rolling, you deserve as much if not more credit for the car being back on the road as I. when I find someone that is good at composing I will dictate my experience of the pierce arrow adventure.

Joe

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.