A unknown Pierce sitting on the road side- at the 2013 PAS Meet!

Home Page Forums General A unknown Pierce sitting on the road side- at the 2013 PAS Meet!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

While driving in Nevada at this year’s PA meet, John Cislak turned to me and said….. I just saw a roof vent from a Travelodge behind a screen of trees…..( John hates my trailer with a passion…) I said it can’t be as more than 50 member must have just driven past this same spot and they would have stopped for sure. We turned the truck around and here is what we found……

Another shot.

Another.

Last one.

The inside was intact and very nice. It’s hard to believe we drove past a Pierce Arrow in the desert while on a day trip during the annual meet and no one else saw this in the bushes. The yard looked like the movie set from Deliverance where the kid with the banjo was playing. John refused to get out of the truck to take a look as it sure was remote and posted as No TRESSPASSING.

I like the frig sitting outside in that last pic.

Thanks Ed!

The whole place was like a time warp. There were wild horses in the open range about 300 yards away. Ed

Nice Model C! So are you going to try to grab it? (No one, to my knowledge, has ever acquired an example of all three models.)

The rest of the story….. a PAS member decided he would like to save this trailer and contacted me two weeks ago. Using Google earth satellite photos I was able to figure out where it was and the address of the trailer. The member went out to see it and try to make contact with the owner. It turns out the trailer in the desert in Nevada is owned by a gentleman in Hawaii! Interestingly enough, the trailer was severely damaged between the time I took the photos at the PAS meet and when the member went to look at it last week. The owner was asking about 20 times it current value BEFORE the damage. Thus it seems it will sit out and crumble where it lies and probably will not be save. Another sad end to a Pierce Arrow product that could have been saved. Ed

I had a close friend who lived at the New York Mine in Gold Hill 6 miles

up the road. I would pass the trailer often on my way to visit him. I

kind of figured it was a P.A. but didn’t want to get shot verifying it.

Ed, what evil has struck this trailer since the meet?

Tony…..I’m glad some other people also knew it we there. It looks like someone backed into it with a trailer. If the member took photos I’ll ask him to send them to me and post it. Ed

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.