Air filter transfers.

Home Page Forums General Air filter transfers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I need a set of air filter transfers for a Pierce twelve. Does anyone have a spare set? Is anyone making them currently? Thanks, Ed

Hi Ed. Ihave the transfers I am in roster contact me. thanks larry

Ed,

Has John made the air filter modification piece for the ’29’s yet?

Bob, which piece? He makes a lot of carb stuff.

He mentioned he was going to make a true air filter for the ’29’s, as they only have an open chrome pipe out the end of the carb inlet. It looks like it is about 5 inches long with an opening at a 45 degree angle. I got the impression he was going to emulate one from a later year that he could install some form of a filter, but still look semi-original. Like all ’29 owners, I am always worried a chunk of something hard will get sucked into the carb, make it past the valves, and knock a hole in a piston. It happened on a TBird I bought years ago, which is why the guy was selling it.

By the way, did John ever decide to make any gas tanks? With this ethanol trash, it makes sense to have a spare on hand. Every time I fill up with ethanol, I think I am pouring a time release molasses in the tank. Might as well put Quaker State in the crankcase so we can fill it with ash as well… But I digress.

Thanks for looking into this for me!

Bob

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.