Another Pierce found its way back to Buffalo.

Home Page Forums General Another Pierce found its way back to Buffalo.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Last month I bought a ’32 Club Brougham and it was just delivered by fellow club member on Monday.

For the last 30 some years I wanted to find this car but knew little about the specifics on make and model, just a little family history and memories among relatives. My grandfather had a Pierce and my grandmother always said he spent more time on that damn car than in the house. He passed away in the early 60’s and she sold the car two days later. I was 6 years old a remember working on it with him ans always wanted to find it with no luck. While at the PAS tent in October someone mentioned this ’32 for sale. The make, model, colors and details were correct so I figured I’d take a look at it. Greg Long was nice enough to take me over to the sellers house and look it over with me. One thing I remember at 6 was sticking my finger in a jagged hole under the right side of the dash and cutting my finger open. Well this had a nasty hole there only a little finger would fit in, could it be the car? After a test drive and a discussion I bought the car. then the panic, what do I tell my wife. I knew she would say another Pierce in less than a year- are you NUTS. She was fine with it and knew the reason why I wanted it. (she is a saint)

This is where it gets interesting. I showed my aunt a few pictures and she said that was identical to dad’s car. She said they lost track of it in the Silver Creek area. The buyer painted it an awful green and parked it afterwards. Tracing the ownership back I talked to the guy that restored it. He said he found it in the Silver Creek area and had sat for quite awhile, also stated it was green when he bought it. I would have to say with 95% certainty this is my grandfathers car and that is good enough for me.

Here area few pictures of the car and it was also pictured on page 7 of this months arrow.

It needs a little detailing and work from not being driven much but is a real well done car.

More pictures

Interior

Engine

The best mascot ever designed, true beauty

Looks great! Congratulations!

Looks like the Car we saw during the Gilmore weekend: a real beauty! Congratulations!

Jim,

Those are the kind of stories we all live for. Thank you for sharing it.

Great looking car Congratulations.

Ken

Congratulations! I’m glad Betty’s Pierce found it’s way back home. Bob still has more than enough P-A’s to keep him happy.

This is a great car. I hope you bring it back to visit in Michigan occasionally.

Dave

A great story and a beautiful car.

Now that your wayward Pierce has found its way back to the family you need to make sure it stays in family.

Enjoy your grandfather’s Pierce and enjoy all the new memories you will make.

Wow, two Pierces in less than one year, you are on a roll! Enjoy.

Robert

Congratulations Jim!

During this past August’s “Gathering,” many of us looked-over & admired your “new” Pierce while contemplating how we’d fit it into already over-crowded garages.

A phone call or e-mail to the New York State Dept. of Motor Vehicles may prove-out your remaining 5% provenance. You’d only be going back to the early 1960’s – and not the 1930’s – the State’s records may still exist.

Stu

Stu-NY DMV does not have records going back that far. They lost most of them in a fire at the head office in Albany.

Roger, Stuart: How many times were the words “She’ll kill me”” muttered while we walked around it?”

Many times, a wife will ask, how many Pierce Arrow’s do you need. The answer is simple, just one more………..

My wife just says I am killing her.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.