Arrowline hearse.

Home Page Forums General Arrowline hearse.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Interesting photo.

Ed,

Neat photo. Do you think that Pierce build the chassis and body to customer specification and the hearse company did the interior?

John

John,

Pierce built the chassis, front clip and supplied the rear fenders, for the build, to “HENNEY” for the “Custom” body work. Of course, the mechanics were all Pierce. If not this one(?), then one identical to it, attended a Meet less than ten years ago.

Hi Bob,

Thanks, am I to assume that Pierce provided the cowl, windshield and dash as part of the front clip? I wonder if Henney worked from the standard Pierce Arrow door drawings and modified them to fit their needs. I have never seen a Pierce based hearse up close.

John,

Yes, the cowl with windshield (looking at the picture) front doors,and various other body parts (stampings): door handles, windshield, dash with instruments, look to have been supplied by Pierce.

From the ones I have seen, I can think of three of them, they started with an entire car and modified it from there. The build quaility was very good.

I have a large factory photo of this car

There was a hearse at the Springfield Meet. Is this the car?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.