Back seat warmth blanket.

Home Page Forums General Back seat warmth blanket.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

I want to replicate a back seat warmth blanket with a Pierce-Arrow insignia sewn into it. I can’t afford to buy one (even if it exists),so I’l try to make a copy. Please send a photo so I can copy it. Thanks to all, DAVE STEPHENS

All I have is a small picture, I’ll attach and see what it looks like….

Hello Dave,

When you make the Lap Robe I would like to have one also. If you do it in the Dark Blue that would be my choice of Color.

Thank you,

Ken

Dave, if you don’t have a place that can make small embroidered labels, let me know, I have a source, just have to dig it up.

Also, if you’re trying to be accurate to size and construction, here’s what’s in my files: “Pierce robe 69 x 51 inches, fake fur on one side, pinkish wool on the other”.

Sourcing the correct looking material will be the fun part. They’d be easy to sew, although there is some detail work, see picture…

As can be seen in the photograph above, the robes supplied by Pierce-Arrow had the same material as was used on the rear seat on the top and a faux fur on the back side.

There is one that appears to be almost exactly like the one in the above photo, except without the “Pierce” label, at this site:https://www.rubylane.com/item/460150-2576/1930s-Curly-Silk-Wool-Auto-Lap

It’s sure expensive, but at least it’s a couple of photos you might be able to use.

As many of you know, I’m a retired engineer who now does a little trim work as a hobby. I’d be willing to take this on as a project, if there’s enough interest….I could have the new Pierce tags made, source the back fabric (and it is quite interesting, as mentioned, a faux fur), it appears the outer fabric is a broadcloth so could be made in any color broadcloth now available. I think I’d be tempted to put a layer of thin batting between the layers for warmth, but that would also depend on the thickness of the “fur”. If of interest, contact me directly or post here…thanks David C.

Hi David,

You can count me in for one of the Blankets. I have been looking for awhile now

to find a Lap Robe but all of them have been out of my Budget.

Thank you,

Ken

Did anything ever come of this? If still under discussion i would like to get one also. Advise color choice(s)?

Decent reproductions were made about fifteen years ago……….they made quite a few, but I can’t remember what color they were. Original robes run from 500-2000 depending on color, condition, style, and year.

Hello Dave,

I am trying to see what the Insignia says. I can read Pierce Arrow and Motor Robe? I can’t read what it says below that. If anyone has a tag I would like to have one.

Thank you,

Ken

This was on eBay about a year ago give or take.

Mark,

Thank you that is perfect. Dave emailed me and he thought a Pierce Arrow member was going to have some made. If they are I would like to have one.

Thank you,

Ken

I think my wife would like to try to make one. What are the dimensions of the robes?

Cal Dyke

Hi all,

I have a leather open car pierce blanket with the same label as above. Not cheap though. Black leather and felt on the underside

Rick

The 1935 Pierce-Arrow Sales Facts Handbook (Green Book) lists the robe at a price of $50.00. Quite a high price for 1935.

Robes ran from 35-125 dollars, depending on year, type, material, style, and initials. Add in pillows and foot hassocks and you could spend a bundle.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.