Bay area garage find comes back east.

Home Page Forums General Bay area garage find comes back east.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Message deleted by original poster

Another

Another

Looks like you hit the “powerball”” last night! Great find!”

What a great find, and a great body style…..nice!!

Very nice, Ed! Ever since you and John showed up at the meet with an empty trailer I’ve been wondering…….. Now we know the rest of the story. Congrats.

Sold new to the Mayor of Berkely California, it has been sleeping in a garage since the mid 50’s. 1933 Salon series. No rust, perfect wood. 99.9 percent complete. Enjoy the photos, at least we didn’t come home empty! The car is now in John’s garage. It’s a keeper. An unknown car that’s never been in the roster…. I’ll send the numbers to Bernie.

Congratulations, Ed! You indeed found one we didn’t know about. Looks like a neat project. Hope you enjoy it as much as we are enjoying our 1922 Stutz that we pulled out of a barn.

Nice find Ed. Is the inside as nice as the outside?

No, moth eaten and a few rips, but not too bad. Headliner was the worst issue. Has nice spoke wheels and the salon light. Dash is perfect. Just need head light lenses and a radio to finish it. Ed

Sounds like a real nice find-good job Ed and John!

Nice Find Ed. I wish mine look that good. I need a full set of inside window moldings and trunk latch for that body style if you have any spares? Thanks Richard.

Ed,

You are a star!

Peter

Hi Richard, no luck on the parts you need. Place an ad in the emporium, as there are several parts cars around. Ed

Hey Ed, how about a photo or two, or ten of the rest of the car ??

Is this an 836, or 1236? I don’t see it listed in your profile yet.

Is the engine in running condition ??

Find any ’40’s or 50’s repairs? These are often interesting.

Nice find, congratulations..

Greg Long

Sorry for the delay in answering. Mom has been quite sick all week. It’s John’s car. He always wanted a 33 CB. It’s a Salon Eight. Body tag 236 B2 183 . It has wire wheels and the salon light. I’m sure it must have had 33 style side mount covers but they are missing. It had 36 V-12 covers on it that are going on another project. It’s all there but the motor is partially apart. John has a rebuilt 33 eight on the shelf and I’m trying to get him to toss it in for now so he can drive it. I think it’s going to be his retirement project. He is still working on his 30 Model A EDL that was cut into a pick up in the late 30’s and used in Rochester, NY, till the mid fifties. So he is going to finish that project first. I’ll post some more photos next week as the car is buried in the shop already. John is taking my 32 coupe to the Gathering this year. Sadly, I can’t make it this time. Ed

Hi Ed,

Norway calling… Many years back when I restored my 1930 model B I bought a set of 1933 radiator shutters. I thought I could convert them to my car. In the meanwhile I found a correct set for my car. Nothing is broken but there are some surface rust on a couple of the shutters. If you can use them give me a message by e-mail. I can also mail you more photos (details) if you like! I will visit Hershey in october so I can eventually bring them with me.

Oivind.

Hi Ed, thanks for the extra data on the 836. Praying for your mom..

John

Thank you John. Ed

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.