Best laid plans all for naught!

Home Page Forums General Best laid plans all for naught!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Wilma and I were really looking forward to driving our ’31 1200 miles to the Kerrville meet. Our first leg was from the Chicago area to Rolla, MO a distance of 385 miles. All seemed OK until we got to Rolla where the engine seemed amiss. After much stewing I ran a compression test and found that I have one cylinder down 40% from the others. I determined that most likely I have a burned valve and that I could not complete the drive to and return from the meet without seriously damaging the block.

We elected to drive the car back home today. We will miss the fun that y’all will have.

Bill and Wilma

Shucks, Bill, sorry to hear that, as I knew from our recent talk you guys were looking forward to the trip….old cars can sometimes waylay our best laid plans!

Sorry to hear about your troubles along the way.

Hope you get your car back into shape without too much hassle and expense.

Dear Bill,

So sorry to hear about your car troubles. I am sure you are greatly disappointed. It was a great pleasure meeting you in Buffalo last year and talking with you on the phone. I appreciate all the help you gave me while I was sorting out my Pierce. I was looking forward to seeing you at the meet. I hope our paths cross again soon.

Regards,

Robert

Bill,

Sorry to hear you’re having car troubles. Your message sounds like you are not coming by some alternate means? We brought Jolie along with us this year so you two could get reacquainted. Maybe next time.

Dave

Thanks for the kind words, guys. The car wasn’t the only problem as I tweaked my back while loading the car for the return trip home. I couldn’t see turning around and driving modern for 12 hours each day with a sore back. So, I’m here chillin’ while you’re having all the fun. Have a knockwurst and German potato salad at Fredricksburg for me! I love that stuff.

Bill

Bill, sorry to hear of your troubles. I too will miss the meet for the first time in over 20 years. On the bright side, I am sure Wilma will have the valve issue repaired ASAP.

Sorry to hear about your problems. By chance are you going to be at the auto show in Oak Brook this weekend? I would look forward to meeting you.

Yes, I’ll be there. Look for my wife Wilma’s dark green ’31 sedan. We’ll be somewhere around Macy’s.

Look forward to meeting you! I’ll be there around 1230 or so, after church.

Well, I hate to say this but this worked out to my advantage! I was able to meet Wilma and Bill out at the Oak Brook show, and they were as gracious as they have been on line! I even got to sit in Wilma’s 31 sedan! I had to learn how to get my big feet in the car, but once I was it in, the car really seemed to “fit.”” I have to get one of these!”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.