Bicycle for sale

Home Page Forums Buy/Sell Bicycle for sale

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Beautiful bike, and the seller is darned proud of it. Seller also has a tandem listed for about $3K more….

There was a very nice 1901 Pan American, shaft drive, all nickel plated, bike that sold at a Copake auction last year, in the $7K range. That bike (pictured) was well worth it…..

A shaft drive Pierce Bike is expensive, but not THAT expensive.

And the one listed on eBay is NOT a shaft drive bike.

But, it is his bike, and a person can ask whatever they want for their own possessions.

However asking and getting are two entirely different things.

I guess I should spend a grand or two to bring my chain-drive bikes up to that bike’s condition.?

Greg Long

I agree, shaft drive bikes are expensive, the Pan American is a very special bike and some of the money is for that reason. A little patience and you can find a good shaft drive Pierce in the low four figures.

The chain drive one’s now on Ebay are very overpriced, but as you mention, one can ASK anything….

Greg, I’m sure you know, if an early bike is in reasonably good original condition, DON’T restore it, it’s worth more unrestored. If it’s rusty and worn out, restoring might make sense, but early bike collectors highly prize originality…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.