Bizarre Barn Find

Home Page Forums General Bizarre Barn Find

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Well, I didn’t find this thing other than spotting it in a listing of “Greatest Barn Finds” on MSN.COM, but LOOK AT THE HEADLIGHTS!

Have fun!Bizarre Custom Barn Find

Reminds me of the 1976 Johnny Cash song “One Piece at a Time”. Watch the YouTube version. I do like the way whoever put this unusual vehicle together used the same part for both the tail light and the light on the back of the front fender.  Clearly, lots of imagination went into building it. Were they sober at the time?

The Pierce headlight location patent (US1758305A) was set to expire in 1947 at the end of its protected period. It may have expired earlier when the company was liquidated in 1938. If no one pays the annual fee, the patent becomes “abandoned” which cancels the protection, moving it to the Public Domain.  Since this vehicle looks to be newer than 1947, I don’t see a problem with placing the headlights where they did.  Kinda cool, actually.

On the other hand, back into good condition, it would be a real head turner at local shows or the annual Christmas Parade.  Go for it, Bill!  What a cool Hot Rod you could have.   Herb.

I assure you that I have no inclination to own this thing.  I almost skipped to the next “barn find” on the site until I saw the headlights.  They look ’33 or later.  It’s just for y’all’s amusement.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.