Body Tag

Home Page Forums Body Body Tag

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Can anyone tell me if the Pierce Arrow Body Tags listed on the Emporium page are correct for all Body types and years? Would this be appropriate on a 1925 Series 80? Where and how do the mount?

Hello Patrick,

As I recall, Pierce-Arrow started using this tag in 1929 with the introduction of the new 8 cylinder cars, so it would not have been used on your Series 80. These body tags were mounted on the passenger side of the cowl, way in the lower right corner as you face the passenger side of the car.

Happy Motoring,

Chris Diekman

I think that this is for a later, as in post 1929 Pierce, but others should comment.

I think the correct piece for an earlier 20s car is as shown in the pic attached (more pics available – contact me) and the mounting is on the right side bottom of the cowl just aft of the engine compartment.

I attached mine by using a combination of tiny screws, (0 X ⅜” SS pan-head slot – contact me for some) and automotive mounting tape. I used a fibre backing behind the cowl into which I screwed the screws. It was not easy to get the backing in place.

That type of plaque comes up on EBAY occasionally and within the past two weeks one sold for about $49.

Another pic

a third

Thanks Peter and Chris, I’ll start checking EBay and swap-meets. I really appreciate your input. It’s all about getting the details correct.

Patrick,

My ’32 series 53 limousine has that particular body tag located on the passenger side body panel just as Chris pointed out in his earlier post.

It appears to be made of brass with no paint on it, course that could be from the years it has been on the car.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.