Bumper Mounts

Home Page Forums Body Bumper Mounts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I have begun to make bumper mounts for my 1601. The fronts have been poorly repaired and I was missing the screw on caps. I have written a program with MasterCam6. This is the 4th program I have written so I am still testing the waters. I am using SS304 for my parts as these should polish very nicely. This is my progress thus far. I will continue to post photos of this and the engine resto

Heres another

another

Here is the start of the cover for the bumper mounts. This process is going better than I thought it would. SS304 is tough stuff.

Another angle

Roger,

Those are really nice parts. What type of lathe are you using and I assume it is Cad controlled?

Bill

Hi Bill,

It is a HAAS, I am using both CNC as well as manual operations for this project. Here is more of the progress, just need to thread now.

Roger

Heres another

1 More, Should have these threaded in the next few days

We make the correct caps for these mounts also in stainless although I am going to make them in steel so the3y are easier to chrome plate next time.

Dave Murray

Hi Dave,

In the process of making the caps in SS, they should polish very nicely on the old Baldor. Thanks for the consideration.

Here the mounts are threaded and finished. Now time to polish the SS

The caps are threaded internally and now I will finish the profile of the cover. Will post more pics.

Here I have the caps turned to size and the front profile has been replicated. Next is the 36 spline/cogs

Another shot they still need a little TLC to remove any sharp edges, etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.